FaceTime Video Call: All the smartphone devices come with a exclusive software for doing video and voice calls across the internet. The devices which come with this feature are the iPhone line-up, the iPads, the iPod Touch line-up, the Mac and the Macbooks. The software is simply known as FaceTime and it is pre installed on those devices mentioned above most of the time if they have a front facing shooter. In this article, you will come to know how to use FaceTime for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch or on your Machintosh or MacBook.
In order to use FaceTime for iOS on your Apple device, you must have an iPhone 4 or above, an iPad 2 or above, any iPad Mini or an Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation or above. You can use FaceTime over Wi-Fi only on these devices. If you want to access FaceTime on your cellular data, you need to be an owner of the iPhone 4S or above or the iPad 3rd Generation or above (Cellular model only).
How To Turn on FaceTime Video Call:
In order to turn on FaceTime on your Apple Device, then you need to open your FaceTime application and sign in with your Apple ID. You can also do this from Settings > FaceTime. If you are using an iPhone, Facebook will automatically register your phone number. If you want to register your email address for some reason or want to use your Apple ID, you need to go to the Settings app on your iPhone, then go to FaceTime, tap on Use your Apple ID for FaceTime and sign in with your Apple ID. On an iPad or iPod Touch, register your email address by tapping Settings > FaceTime and then tap on Use your Apple ID and simply sign in thereafter.
How to Make a FaceTime Call:
Now you want to make a FaceTime Call, don’t you? Well, I can read your mind Well, just kidding. In order to make a FaceTime for iphone, first of all, you need the person’s phone number or his or her registered email address. There are some ways by which you can make a FaceTime call:
- In the FaceTime App, you can simply enter the person’s phone number or registered email address and tap on the FaceTime Video or audio icon.
- If you have the person’s phone number or email address saved in your Contacts, you can enter their name, then tap the video or audio icon.
- You can also begin a FaceTime video call from your iPhone during a call. Tap the FaceTime icon during the phone call to talk using FaceTime app.
How to Use FaceTime Audio with Call Waiting:
In order to use Call Waiting during a FaceTime audio call, you need to be running on iOS 8 or later. When another call comes, you can do the following :
- End the current call and accept the incoming call.
- Accept the incoming call, keeping the current call on hold.
- Decline the incoming phone or FaceTime video call.
This was a complete guide on how to use FaceTime for iOS and Apple Devices. If this article helped you, don’t forget to share it with your friends. I hope this article helped you in some way.